Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Why Blog?

School Auction: Raquel Dress; Necklace
It took me a while to get it.  Like the rest of my kind, I went through the five phases of a first year teacher: anticipation (boy was I excited!); survival (read: "first-year fifteen" and frumpy outfits); disillusionment (applied for jobs mid-year as far away from teaching as I could get); rejuvenation (Praise the Lord for winter break!); and reflection.  I would like to believe there was another phase that snuck in there as well: confession.  Once I started sharing some of the embarrassing, outrageous and hilarious moments that were happening in my classroom, I actually started enjoying my job! And when you love doing something, you want to become better.  

Just as soon as I started truly loving my job and finding my way through the curriculum, something happened: summer break.  I decided to use this time wisely by working for my favorite retailer so I could build my teacher wardrobe and return next fall looking as good as I felt teaching.  No sooner did school start that I became a Very Personal Stylist for J.Crew -- another gig too great to give up!

Since becoming more secure with my teaching, professional wardrobe and moments in the classroom that do not go as planned... I have decided to share with the world.  For my fellow teachers: I hope you find lesson ideas you can use in your classrooms. For non-teachers:  I hope you can laugh out loud in your cubicles. And first year teachers: I hope you find a little direction and learn how to find humor in the most challenging year of your career.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful blog, dear:)

    If you want, we can follow each other. Kisses
    http://fashionsecrets-oksana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you new to blogging? Welcome!!!:)
    Would you like to follow eachother? Let me know and I will follow you back with GFC and Bloglovin. :)
    Hugs from Toronto
    http://claudiapersi.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete